PhD2000 Error Message: The Registration Wizard Cannot Run...
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you start Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for the first time on a MicrosoftWindows 2000-based computer, you receive the following message:
Would you like to register your copy of Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 V2 withMicrosoft?
If you click No
, PhotoDraw 2000 quits.
If you click Yes
, you may receive the following error message:
The Registration wizard cannot run because the system information itrequires is either unavailable or incorrect.
This behavior occurs if the following conditions are true:
- PhotoDraw 2000 is installed on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer.
- A user with Administrator privileges installed PhotoDraw 2000 on the computer and then logged off from the computer without starting the program.
- You have User privileges on the computer.
The first time you start PhotoDraw 2000, you are prompted to registerthe program with Microsoft. Regardless of your response to this prompt, information is written to the registry.
Windows 2000 restricts access to this portion of the registry when youare logged on to the computer with User privileges.
To resolve this issue:
- Log on to the computer with Administrator privileges, and then start PhotoDraw 2000.
- When you are prompted to register the program, click Yes or No, and then quit PhotoDraw 2000.
- Log off the computer.
Users with User privileges can now start PhotoDraw 2000 on the computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000, version 2.0.
2.00 photo draw phd2k crash stops initialize boot win2k
Article ID: 248584 - Last Review: 12/27/2014 16:35:39 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000.2 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbenv kberrmsg kbpending KB248584