You hear a loud noise when you call a European PSTN number by using Office Communicator 2007 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You call a Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) number by using Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2.
- The PSTN number belongs to a European country.
- An RTAudio narrowband codec is used between the Mediation server and the Office Communicator 2007 R2 client when the ringback tone is played.
In this scenario, you hear a loud noise during the ringback.
This issue occurs because the RTAudio narrowband decoder cannot process the ringback tones that certain European gateways use.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Communicator 2007 R2: March, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2489823 - Last Review: 03/10/2011 23:32:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup KB2489823