An item is removed unexpectedly from a public folder in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- You post an item that has several attachments to a public folder by using Microsoft Office Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 environment.
- You update the value of the Maximum item size (KB) setting on the public folder database.
- You decrease the item size. For example, you remove some attachments. However, the item size still exceeds the limit of the Maximum item size (KB) setting.
- You try to save the item.
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\Public- <GUID>
Name: Check Decreasing Post Size
Value type: DWORD
Important If you set the registry subkey to 0 or the registry subkey does not exist, Exchange Server 2007 checks the item size only when the item size increases. If you set the registry subkey to 1, Exchange Server 2007 checks the item size either when it increases or when it decreases.
To enable this functionality, you must create and then configure this registry subkey on all the Exchange Server 2007 servers that host public folders. You do not have to create and then configure this registry subkey on the Exchange Server 2007 servers that do not host public folders. Additionally, you must create and then configure this registry subkey for each public folder database on the particular server where you want to enable this functionality.
After you configure this registry subkey, you must restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service to enable this functionality.
Article ID: 2489898 - Last Review: 03/31/2011 08:31:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsafemod kbsurveynew kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter KB2489898