The "legacyExchangeDN" value is shown in the "From" field instead of the "Simple Display Name" in an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a user A account in a non-English Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You create a user B account in an English Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You configure the DisplayName property of user A to use a double-byte character set (DBCS).
- You configure the SimpleDisplayName property of user A to use a single-byte character set (SBCS).
- User B accesses a mailbox by using Outlook 2010 that is running in ANSI mode with an online profile.
- User A sends an email message to user B.
In this scenario, you expect the Simple Display Name value for user A to show in the From
field. Instead, the legacyExchangeDN
value or the last Common Name value of user A is shown.Note
This issue does not occur in an Exchange Server 2003 environment.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
To work around this issue, you can change the DisplayName property of user A from DBCS to SBCS.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2489941 - Last Review: 02/12/2013 17:25:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2489941