OL97: Error Message "You Cannot Create Entries for This Address Book"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you try to add a contact using the Outlook Address Book you receive this message:
You cannot create entries for this Address Book
The Address Book command on the Tools menu is part of the Windows Messaging System and can only read Outlook contacts. It cannot add or modify contacts.
You cannot add Outlook contacts using the Address Book
command on the Tools
menu. You can add contact information to the Personal Address Book or the Outlook Contacts folder.
Use one of the following methods to add a contact:
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+C to open a new contact.
- In the Contacts folder, click New on the toolbar, or press CTRL+N
- On the File menu, point to New, and click Contact.
ol97 limitation OAB
Article ID: 249328 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 06:38:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB249328