After you install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Microsoft Office Outlook and then locate the Microsoft Dynamics CRM folders in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, the Outlook and CRM ribbons disappear. Additionally, the Office Outlook ribbon does not reappear unless you disable Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
This behavior may occur because of registry keys that are left over from an earlier version of Microsoft Outlook.
This article contains information about how to change the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you change it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and change the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To use method 1, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry subkey:
- Right-click the 2.4 registry key, and then select Export. Save the export to your desktop to create a backup.
- Right-click the 2.4 key again, and then select delete.
- Start Outlook.
If Method 1 does not fix the problem, use method 2. To do this, follow these steps: :
- Sync any offline data back to the Microsoft CRM 2011 Server.
- Uninstall Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Microsoft Office Outlook from the Programs and Features window in Control Panel. To open the window, click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Delete the "C:\program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM" folder and the files in the folder.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client from the following Microsoft website with either the 32-bit or 64-bit installation files corresponding to the version of Microsoft Office you installed:
- If you want to use the Offline functionality, start Microsoft Outlook after the installation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Office Outlook completes, and then click Go Offline under the CRM menu or the CRM toolbar menu to install the Offline components.
At this point, the Microsoft CRM 2011 ribbon should be available and not disappear even when you select various CRM objects.
Artigo: 2494581 - Última revisão: terça-feira, 1 de abril de 2014 - Revisão: 5.0
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Professional Edition, when used with:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook with Offline Access
|kbmbsmigrate kbsurveynew KB2494581|