Multi-Targeting Pack for the .NET Framework 4.0.1 is available
For more information about Runtime Update for the .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about Design-Time Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1), click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- After you install the Design-Time Update for Visual Studio 2010 SP1, Visual Studio 2010 will automatically select Platform Update 1 as the target framework for any new projects. To develop applications for any other .NET Framework version, you must select the appropriate .NET Framework version in the Target Framework list.
- If the target framework is not set as Platform Update 1 correctly, you cannot build against any applications that call new public APIs from Runtime Update for Platform Update 1.
- If you change the target framework to any other.NET Framework version instead of Platform Update 1, the State Machine toolbox is not displayed. Therefore, inconsistencies occur in the active workflow project that uses Platform Update 1.
How to obtain the updateMulti-Targeting Pack for the .NET Framework 4.0.1 is included in the update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:Note For more information about the available .NET Framework multi-targeting packs for Visual Studio 2010, visit the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must have Windows Installer 3.1 or a later version of Windows Installer installed.
To obtain the latest version of Windows Installer, visit the following Microsoft website:
Command-line switches for this updateFor information about the various command-line switches that are supported by this update, visit the following Microsoft website:
Restart requirementThis update does not require you to restart the computer after you apply the update unless the files that are being updated are locked or are being used.
Known issues for the update
Issue 1If you create a website or web application in Visual Studio 2010 that targets the .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1, and if the Web.config file is re-created, an error occurs when you build the application.
This issue occurs because an incorrect value for the targetFramework attribute is inserted into the Web.config file.
To resolve this issue, open the Web.config file, and then manually change the value for the targetFramework attribute to 4.0.1.
Issue 2When you create a new Visual Studio add-in project, you receive the following error message if you select .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1 as the target framework:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Select .NET Framework 4 as the target framework when you create the Visual Studio add-in project.
- Set .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1 as the target framework for the add-in project after the project is created.
If you open any project that targets Platform Update 1 on a computer that is running Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and that does not have the MT Pack installed (because the design-time update KB2495593 was not installed), you receive the following error message:
To resolve this issue, install the design-time update before you open the project in Visual Studio 2010 SP1. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update removal informationTo remove this update, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe global version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2495638 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 10/24/2011 17:51:00 - Αναθεώρηση: 3.0
- kbqfe kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2495638