Description of the update for Microsoft Silverlight: February 14, 2011
Silverlight update information
Installation informationThis update is available from the following sources.
Silverlight siteThe Silverlight installer includes all earlier updates in addition to this update. To install the latest version of Silverlight on your computer, visit the following Microsoft website:
Microsoft updateThis update is also available to users of Microsoft Update. If you have an earlier version of Silverlight installed on your computer, this update will be offered as "Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB 2495644)."
How to uninstall SilverlightClick here to view or hide detailed information
To uninstall Silverlight, visit the following Microsoft website, and then click Uninstall Silverlight:
How to hide this update so that it does not appear againClick here to view or hide detailed information
- Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click either Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
- Click Custom.
- Click to clear the check box that is next to the update that you want to hide.
- Expand the update that you want to hide, and then click to clear the Do Not show this update again check box.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- After the scan for updates is complete, click the Optional updates are available link.
- In the Select the updates you want to install section, right-click the update that you want to hide, and then click Hide update.
- Click OK.
Issues that are fixed by this update
When you play content for Silverlight by using the VC-1 codec, the time stamp is changed to an incorrect value. This issue occurs when the time stamp of the content is greater than 2 to the power of 4.8 nanoseconds. When this issue occurs, you may experience the following symptoms:
- When you play the content, the video does not play correctly. However, the audio does play correctly.
- When you play the content in the Windows Internet Explorer, an “Errors on Page” message is displayed on the lower-left corner of the window. If you double-click this message, a System.OverflowException exception is thrown and the following following call stack is generated:
mscorlib.dll!System.TimeSpan.Interval(double value, int scale) System.Windows.dll!MS.Internal.XcpImports.ConvertCValueForManagedWithType(System.Type propertyType, ref MS.Internal.CValue outVal, int outDOType, bool releaseObjectReference, bool deleteBuffer, MS.Internal.IManagedPeerBase fromObject System.Windows.dll!MS.Internal.XcpImports.GetValue(MS.Internal.IManagedPeerBase managedPeer, System.Windows.DependencyProperty property)
The Microsoft Visual Studio IDE crashes when you open a Silverlight application that has a Pixel Shader effect in a performance profiler.
Silverlight 4 does not run on 64-bit versions of Mozilla Firefox for Mac OS X. This update changes plug-in hosting behavious. This update enables Silverlight to run as a 32-bit process in 64-bit versions of Firefox for Mac OS X.
A "6207" DRM error occurs after you upgrade Silverlight.
A memory leak occurs if a Silverlight 4 application has an inline data template in a control.
For more information about this issue, visit the following Microsoft website:
You cannot upgrade a Silverlight 4 out-of-browser application if the application name was changed.
A media error for media streams that have redirected information in their data is not treated correctly. This issue occurs in certain configurations of earlier versions of Silverlight 4.
Feature that is added by this update
This update adds a feature that improves Silverlight network latency by up to 90 percent. The feature is designed for Silverlight applications that are built by using Silverlight version 4.0.60129.0 or later versions. For more information about how to use this feature in your applications, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Tech Reviewer: andyriv;sarahlin
Id. de artículo: 2495644 - Última revisión: 06/21/2014 15:11:00 - Revisión: 6.0
- kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseadvanced kbinfo kbcip kbsurveynew KB2495644