Outlook displays incorrect search results of the GAL in Exchange Server
- When you select the option that sorts the search results by using the [Display Name] field under Advanced Find of Outlook Address Book, the results are not sorted by using the [Display Name] column.
- When you search for objects that have a user name or a distribution list name, the search operation does not return the correct object if the [Name only] option is enabled.
Note When the [More columns] option is enabled, the search operations return the correct results.
When phonetic display names are set to user or distribution group objects in AD DS in Windows Server 2008, an index of the phonetic display name is generated on the global catalog server. The index is used for searching or arranging a search result of a GAL in the Japanese version of Outlook. When the objects in GAL do not have a phonetic display name, the display name is used for indexing. If the [name only] option is selected, the search scope is restricted to objects that have phonetic display names. Therefore, you receive incorrect results when you search an address book in Office Outlook if objects do not have phonetic display names.
For example, you search for a display name that differs from its phonetic display name in a GAL in which some objects do not have phonetic display names. In this scenario, the object that has the matching display name in the [Display name] column is not returned in the search results, and only the objects that have phonetic display names are returned.
If the phonetic display name of all the users and distribution lists on the GAL is not set, a search that uses the [Name only] option returns correct results. Correct results are returned because the index for phonetic display names includes only display names.
To have us fix this problem by using method 1 for you, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. If you prefer to fix this problem manually, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Here's an easy fixTo fix this problem automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50705
- Method 1
- Click Start , click Run, type Regedit, and then press OK.
- Locate and then click the DisableGALPhonetic registry entry in one of the following registry subkeys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider
Note If the DisableGALPhonetic registry entry does not exist, you must create this entry. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, click New, and then click DWORD(32-bit) Value.
- Type DisableGALPhonetic, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableGALPhonetic, click Modify, type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer to apply the change.
- Method 2
Use the [More columns] option instead of the [Name only] option when you search the GAL for objects that have furigana and for objects that do not have furigana.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
For more information about Exchange Server 2010 SP1, visit the following Microsoft website:
Id. de artículo: 2497077 - Última revisión: 09/25/2015 09:15:00 - Revisión: 7.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb kbfixme kbmsifixme KB2497077