SCOM logs many "Forefront TMG Server - Cache: Current Cache Fetches Average Ms Per Request error" error alerts from TMG Management Pack through Forefront TMG 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
- You import Forefront TMG Management Pack in System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
In this scenario, the SCOM server might receive many instances of the following error alert from Forefront TMG Management Pack through the Operations Manager agent on the Forefront TMG server:
Forefront TMG Server - Cache: Current Cache Fetches Average Ms Per Request error
This issue occurs because of a bug in the code.
To resolve this issue, install the software update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Software Update 1 rollup 3 for Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2497858 - Last Review: 03/22/2011 07:09:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Standard
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2497858