You cannot save attachments in an email message by using OWA if the subject line contains special characters in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment, you log on to your mailbox by using Outlook Web App (OWA) Premium in Internet Explorer 7.
- You select an email message that has two or more attachments.
- The subject line of the email message includes special characters. For example, the subject includes the following characters:
- You click Download all attachments to save all attachments into a compressed file.
In this scenario, the File Download
dialog box disappears after you click Save
. Additionally, the attachments are not saved.Note
- This issue does not occur when you use Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9.
- This issue does not occur when you use OWA Light, which does not provide the zip-download functionality.
This issue occurs because the zip-download functionality in OWA does not verify whether the subject line contains invalid characters before it generates the compressed file name.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To work around the issue, perform the following steps:
- Click the Forward button to forward the email to yourselves.
- Remove these special characters in the subject.
- Click the Send button to send the email.
- Open the latest received email to save attachments.
Article ID: 2499044 - Last Review: 08/24/2011 02:30:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2499044