OFF2000: Office Programs Ignore System Policy to Hide Places Bar
This article was previously published under Q249946
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you click Open or Save As on the File menu, the Places Bar is available even though the Hide the common dialog places bar group policy has been enforced on your computer.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
After you install Office 2000 SR-1, the Places Bar remains visible, but it does not contain any icons.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
Article ID: 249946 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:30:12 - Revision: 4.2
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbpending kbprb KB249946