A RBAC role assignee can stop queue processing on an Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport server or an Exchange Server 2010 Edge Transport server that is outside the role assignment scope
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a management role assignment in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You assign the Transport Queues role to a role assignee.
- You define the scope of the role assignment to an organizational unit.
- The role assignee tries to use the Suspend-Queue command to stop a queue from processing on a Hub Transport server or Edge Transport server that is outside the role assignment scope.
This issue occurs because there is an incorrect scope verification when you run the Suspend-Queue command.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2579150 Description of Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about Role Based Access Control, visit the following Microsoft website:Suspend-Queue command, visit the following Microsoft website:Transport Queues role, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2501070 - Last Review: 07/28/2011 03:02:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup KB2501070