FIX: Forefront TMG Job Scheduler service (Isasched) stops responding on an array member server that is not a report server in Forefront TMG 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 array that has two member servers.
- You configure only one of the servers as a report server.
- You start the report server.
- You restart the other server, and then you try to log on to this server.
- This issue occurs on a stand-alone array or on an array managed by Enterprise Management Server (EMS).
- This issue does not occur on the report server.
This issue occurs because of a bug in Forefront TMG 2010.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install the software update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
2498770 Software Update 1 Rollup 3 for Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1Note Before you install this update, make sure that the following services are stopped and disabled on the server that is not a report server and that is a member server in a Forefront TMG 2010 array:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To identify which server is configured as the report server, follow these steps:
- In the Forefront TMG Management console, click the Logs & Reports node.
- In the details pane, click the Reporting tab.
- Click the Tasks tab, click Configure Reporting Settings, and then click the Report Server tab.
- Check the Report Server name.
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
hang starting isasched scheduler report server
Article ID: 2501780 - Last Review: 02/25/2011 09:14:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise
- kbfix kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2501780