Internet Explorer 8 is running slow
When you browse a webpage by using Windows Internet Explorer 8, you may experience slow performance.
This issue can occur because of add-ons. While browser add-ons can enhance your online experience, they can occasionally interfere or conflict with other software on your computer. Try the methods listed in this article to troubleshoot the problem.
Method 1: Disable toolbars and extensions
- Start Internet Explorer. On the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
(If you do not see the Tools menu, press ALT.)
- Click Toolbars and Extensions, notice the Load time for each add-on.
- If an add-on takes a long time to load (for example, more than 1 or 2 seconds, you should consider disabling it.
To disable an add-on, right-click the add-on, and then click Disable.
Note You can still enable the add-on if you need to use it in the future.
Method 2: Disable accelerators
- On the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
- Click Accelerators. In the right window, right-click the add-on that you do not use, and then click Disable or Delete.
Internet Explorer 8; SBSRevLoc
Article ID: 2502326 - Last Review: 05/23/2014 08:58:00 - Revision: 3.2
Windows Internet Explorer 8
- kbinfo kbhowto kbstepbystep kbexpertisebeginner KB2502326