You can't remove a calendar item or an email message in Outlook in Office 365
To resolve this problem, use one or more of the following methods.
Method 1: Use Outlook on the webTry to delete the item in Outlook on the web. If you can't delete it in Outlook on the web, go to the next method.
Note If you can't complete a task in Outlook but you can complete it in Outlook on the web, this might mean that Outlook has to be updated.
Method 2: Use the Search-Mailbox cmdletUse the Search-Mailbox cmdlet to search for and remove the item. For more information, see Search and delete messages.
Method 3: Run Outlook commandsDepending on the kind of item that you're trying to remove, you can use the following command line switches to remove the item.
Caution Exit Outlook before you run any of these switches.
- Click Start, enter outlook /cleanreminders in the search box, and then press Enter.
- Click Start, enter outlook /cleandmrecords in the search box, and then press Enter.
For more information about these switches, see Command-line switches for Outlook for Windows.
Method 4: Delete the message after you edit it
- In Outlook, double-click the email message.
- In the Move group in the message ribbon, click Actions, and then click Edit Message.
- Remove some characters from the message, or add characters to it.
- Click File, and then save the message.
- Try to delete the message again.
Method 5: Empty the Deleted Items folderIn Outlook, delete all items that are in the Deleted Items folder, and then try to delete the meeting request or message.
Article ID: 2503266 - Last Review: 12/26/2016 02:53:00 - Revision: 35.0
- o365 o365e o365p kbgraphxlink o365022013 o365a o365m kbgraphic KB2503266