A mobile device is unable to connect to Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
While this article might be applicable in other environments, it is designed to address a deployment of the Microsoft Office 365 Dedicated.
On their mobile devices, users are unable to connect with their mailbox with Exchange ActiveSync (EAS).
The device is blocked by policy or because AllowNonProvisionableDevices is set toFalse in the ActiveSync mailbox policy.
- It is important to collect the following information:
- List of users that are unable to connect via EAS.
- Error information that user is reporting on their device.
- Date that attempt was made to synchronize their device.
- Review status of device to determine if device is blocked or if there is a problem with the policy:
Get-ActiveSyncDeviceStatistics -mailbox "<user>" | fl device*
Note For Exchange 2013, use Get-MobileDeviceStatistics.
- If the user is blocked from Exchange or there was a problem with the policy, review the policy properties:
Get-ActiveSyncMailboxPolicy <policy name> | fl
- If AllowNonProvisionableDevices is set to False this might be the source of the problem. Many devices cannot fully implement all policy settings. More information can be found at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232162.aspx and http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123484.aspx.
- If the connection state of the device is blocked the environment’s device rules may need to be reviewed or a personal exemption may be needed. More information can be found at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff959225.aspx.
Article ID: 2505570 - Last Review: 04/19/2016 03:46:00 - Revision: 10.0
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal, Microsoft Exchange Online Dedicated