"Cannot open this item" error message in Outlook online mode in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- You set the Exchange Auditing logging level on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 server to a value other than Lowest. For example, you set the Exchange Auditing logging level to Low, or to High.
- You try to open an email message that does not have the PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID property set by using Microsoft Office Outlook in online mode.
- You cannot open the same email message by using a MAPI application, such as Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor (MFCMAPI).
- This issue usually occurs when you try to open an archived email message.
Article ID: 2507374 - Last Review: 07/07/2011 14:31:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup KB2507374