How to start Outlook in a minimized state
- Outlook is currently running.
- Outlook is not configured to open to an Outlook Today view by default.
- Outlook is not maximized.
To create a customized Outlook shortcut, follow these steps:
- Quit Outlook.
- Right-click the Outlook icon on the desktop, and then click Create Shortcut.
- Right-click the shortcut, and then click Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, click Minimized in the Run list, click Apply, and then click OK.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the shortcut created in the previous steps, and then click Copy.
- Right-click Start, and then click Explore, to open Windows Explorer at the Start Menu folder.
- Click the plus sign next to the Programs folder, and then click the Startup folder.
- Right-click in the right pane in Windows Explorer, and then click Paste Shortcut.
NOTE: Some Outlook configurations may interrupt running in the minimized state. Outlook may prompt you for a password or for a profile. Once you respond, Outlook is minimized. Reminders for tasks and appointments and the Outlook product banner appear normally.
Article ID: 251340 - Last Review: 09/20/2011 19:52:00 - Revision: 6.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbinfo KB251340