The connection times out when you visit a webpage that redirects a POST request to an SSL-secured site in Internet Explorer 8
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a webpage that redirects a POST request to a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-secured site.
- The SSL-secured site requires client certificates.
- You use Windows Internet Explorer 8 to open this webpage, and then select a client certificate.
In this scenario, Internet Explorer 8 does not send the client certificate data in the POST request. Therefore, the server does not receive the data and the connection times out.
Security update information
To resolve this problem, install the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website: Note
This update was first included in security update 2497640 (MS11-018). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS11-018: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
Article ID: 2514645 - Last Review: 04/12/2011 17:02:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- kbhotfixserver kbfix KB2514645