A telephone unexpectedly locks after you set the "EnforcePhoneLock" option to "False" in Lync 2010 Phone Edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a telephone that is running Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition.
- You connect the telephone by using a USB cable to a computer that is running Lync 2010.
- You set the EnforcePhoneLock option to False.
- You unplug the USB cable from the computer.
- Someone calls you, and then you answer the call.
In this scenario, the telephone is unexpectedly locked. Additionally, you can only view the Help
option when you select the menu. Therefore, you do not have an option to unlock the telephone again.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update.
For Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip telephones:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition for Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip: April 2011
For Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600 and Polycom CX3000 telephones:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition for Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600 and Polycom CX3000: April 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to change management options for Lync 2010 Phone Edition, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Article ID: 2517681 - Last Review: 04/04/2011 20:01:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2517681