Unnecessary image version updates on a telephone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a telephone that uses a Common Area Phone account and is running Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition.
- You set the EnableHotdesking parameter to True. This lets users log on to the telephone by using their Lync Server 2010 accounts.
- The Common Area Phone account and Lync Server 2010 user accounts are hosted in different pools. These pools have different image versions on a Device Update server.
- The user switches between the two accounts.
In this situation, every time that the user switches between accounts, the Device Update server updates the image version of the telephone unnecessarily.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update.
For Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip telephones:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition for Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip: April 2011
For Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600 and Polycom CX3000 telephones:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition for Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600 and Polycom CX3000: April 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to configuring Common Area Phones, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Article ID: 2517732 - Last Review: 04/04/2011 19:43:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2517732