You cannot use hands free mode in a call with a Common Area Phone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Common Area Phone that is running Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition.
- You use the Common Area Phone in hands free mode.
- The Common Area Phone does not have a hands free microphone.
In this scenario, you cannot use hands free mode in a call, and there is no message to instruct you what to do next.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update.
For Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip telephones:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition for Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip: April 2011
For Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600 and Polycom CX3000 telephones:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition for Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600 and Polycom CX3000: April 2011
After you apply this cumulative update, the following message is displayed on the telephone screen within the first 15 seconds of a call:
Please pick up and use the handset if you want to speak during this call.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about Common Area Phone, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2517767 - Last Review: 04/04/2011 19:14:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2517767