When you start Microsoft Lync Online in Microsoft Office 365 Dedicated, you experience one or more of the following issues:
- Users appear to be offline in Lync 2010.
- You cannot search the global address list (GAL) by using Lync 2010.
- You cannot view federated (external) contacts or establish a connection with these contacts.
- Lync Online contacts are lost or missing. Or, the contact list is not updated.
These issues occur when one or more of the following conditions are true:
- The contact appears offline and has not been blocked by the user in the user's contacts list.
- When you add a new public Internet contact (PIC) or federated (external) contact to your list, that contact will appear to be offline if that contact ignores the request to add you to their list.
- You cannot connect to the Address Book web service.
Scenario 1: Users appear to be offline in Lync 2010
Contacts may appear to be offline for several reasons. You must verify the following conditions before you perform additional troubleshooting steps:
- Verify that the contact has not been blocked by the user in the user's contacts list.
- In the main Lync 2010 window, select Relationship.
- Expand the Blocked Contacts group, and then verify that the offline contact is not blocked.
Note If a contact blocks you, the contact is displayed as Offline in your contact list.
When you add a new PIC or federated contact to your list, that contact will appear to be offline if the contact ignores the request to add you to their list. If the contact is a member of a federated domain or is a PIC, verify that the contact has those features enabled.
Scenario 2: You cannot search the global address list (GAL) by using Lync 2010
When you try to search the GAL by using Lync 2010, you receive the following error message:
Cannot synchronize with the corporate address book. This may be because the proxy server setting in your web browser does not allow access to the address book. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
In Lync Online 2010, address book and GAL lookups are performed through web requests only. Also, the Lync 2010 client no longer downloads local copies of the address book. This reduces the load on the servers, and it provides the most up-to-date information when you perform a GAL search.
Try to verify that connectivity to the Address Book web service is available. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the notification area, locate the Lync 2010 icon, hold down the CTRL key, right-click the Lync 2010 icon, and then click Configuration Information.
- Copy the URL from the GAL Status field.
- Start Internet Explorer, and then paste the URL in the address bar.
- The message that you receive from Internet Explorer indicates whether the URL can be accessed from the computer:
- Successful: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. The connection is successful, but because there is no HTML page to display, Internet Explorer cannot display the page.
- Unsuccessful: The webpage cannot be found. If the URL is inaccessible from the system, Internet Explorer reports that the location cannot be found or is inaccessible.
Scenario 3: Lync Online contacts are lost or missing, or the contact list is not updated
In rare cases, the contact list may be corrupted because of an invalid character in an OOF message or because of a lingering deprovisioned contact. Updating the contact list helps make sure that everything is synchronized. To force a contact list update, follow these steps:
- Completely exit the Lync application.
- Locate one of the following folders, depending on your operating system:
- Windows 8, 7 or Windows Vista:
- Lync 2010: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<sign-in name>
- Lync 2013: %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_<sign-in name>
- Windows XP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data \Microsoft\Communicator\sip_<sign-in name>
- Delete the following files:
- ABS_<sign-in name>.cache
- Restart Lync 2010, and then wait for resynchronization to finish. This should take about 30 minutes.
Article ID: 2519184 - Last Review: December 26, 2014 - Revision: 13.0
- Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated
- Microsoft Exchange Online Dedicated
- Microsoft Office Communications Online Dedicated
- Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal
|vkbportal226 vkbportal107 KB2519184|