Lync 2010 does not prompt you for credentials when the credentials are deleted in Windows Credential Manager
Consider the following Scenario:
- You log on to Microsoft Lync Online.
- You save the logon password.
- You log off Lync Online.
- You delete the credentials that are used to connect to Lync Online in Windows Credential Manager.
- You log on to Lync Online again.
In this scenario, Lync 2010 does not prompt you for credentials.Note
This issue specifically occurs when you have a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) certificate that is saved locally.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: April 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2520139 - Last Review: 05/04/2011 08:52:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Lync 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2520139