A hotfix package (build 6.3.2233) is available for Microsoft ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 and for Microsoft ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3.
Issue that is resolved in this hotfix package
When you click a command on any menu in ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 or in ProClarity Web Professional 6.3, you receive the following error message:
An error occurred in the application: Access violation at address 00516028 in module 'PVCL7.bpl'. Read of address 00000004
This problem typically occurs in the following scenario:
- You run ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 or ProClarity Web Professional 6.3 on a computer that has more than one monitor.
- The desktop switches to display on a single monitor. This usually occurs when you disconnect some monitors to keep only one monitor, or you remotely connect to the computer from a computer that has a single monitor.
Important notes about this hotfix package
- We recommend that you back up the existing components in ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 and in ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 before you install this hotfix package.
- To uninstall this hotfix package, you must uninstall ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 or ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3.
How to obtain this hotfix package
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
How to apply this hotfix package
After you run the ProClarityHotfix632233101.exe file, the following files are extracted to a specified folder:
To apply this hotfix package on a computer that is running ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3, run the PRO63Hotfix2233.exe file.
To apply this hotfix package on a computer that is running ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, run the PAS63Hotfix2233.exe file.
To distribute the PRO63Hotfix2233.exe file from ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, follow these steps:
- Open Analytics Server Administration Tool.
- In the console tree, expand Administration Tool, expand the node that corresponds to the server, right-click Components, and then click New Component.
- In the Component information file box, specify the PRO63Hotfix2233.xml file that is in the folder where you extracted the package, and then click OK.
To enable users to download ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 from ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, you must configure security options correctly. For more information, see the ProClarity Analytics Server Administrator's Guide.
Before you apply this hotfix package, you must have the x86-based version of Active Template Library (ATL) security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed. Additionally, you must be running ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 or ProClarity Web Professional 6.3.
For more information about the ATL security update, visit the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.