How to Use Ldp.exe to View Entire Directory Tree and Locate the Microsoft Exchange Container
This article was previously published under Q252335
This article describes how to use the Ldp.exe utility to view the entire directory tree and to locate the Microsoft Exchange container.
To view the tree:
- Start Ldp.exe.
- Click Connection, and then click Connect.
- Type the server name of the domain controller that you want to connect to, and the port (389).
- Click Connection, and then click Bind.
- Type the user name, password, and domain, and then click OK.
- Click View, and then click Tree. Leave BaseDN blank (this will allow you to see the entire directory tree).
- To locate the Microsoft Exchange container:
- Click to expand the plus sign (+).
- Double-click the Configuration container, and then double-click the Services container. The Microsoft Exchange container should be located under the Services container.
- Double-click the Microsoft Exchange container to view its contents.
Article ID: 252335 - Last Review: 12/03/2007 05:07:00 - Revision: 3.5
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition