How to change the network connection priority in Windows 7
This article briefly explains how to change the priority of network connections in Windows 7 so that they follow a specific connection order.
- Click Start and, in the search field, type View network connections.
- Press the ALT key, click Advanced Options and then click Advanced Settings...
- Select Local Area Connection and click the green arrows to give priority to the desired connection.
- After organizing the network connections available according to your preferences, click OK.
- The computer will now follow an order of priority when detecting available connections.
Article ID: 2526067 - Last Review: 02/07/2013 08:29:00 - Revision: 1.0
Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Ultimate
- kbstepbystep kbprb kbtshoot kbhowto kbmt KB2526067 KbMten