OpenType fonts are displayd as TrueType fonts in a 2007 Office system
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a presentation in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007.
- You type some text in the presentation.
- On the Home tab, you click the Font list in the Font group.
Note In the Font list, some fonts are OpenType fonts, and other fonts are TrueType fonts. When the issue occurs that is described in the "Symptoms" section, only OpenType fonts are displayed incorrectly as TrueType fonts. TrueType fonts are displayed correctly.
To resolve this issue, apply the following hotfix:
2512787 Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package (oart-x-none.msp, oartconv-x-none.msp): April 26, 2011
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
After you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type PreferOTFontIcon, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click PreferOTFontIcon, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Note If the value of PreferOTFontIcon is set to 1, the OpenType icon appears in the Font list.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2526892 - Last Review: 06/20/2011 06:10:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Office Basic 2007, Microsoft Office Small Business 2007, Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, Microsoft Office Standard 2007, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007, Microsoft Office Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- kbsurveynew kbqfe kbexpertisebeginner KB2526892