Problems with Slide Show presentations in PowerPoint for Mac 2011
When you run a PowerPoint for Mac 2011 presentation in the Slide Show
on a 27" or larger monitor, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- The application may close unexpectedly.
- The screen turns black.
- The application may freeze.
This issue is reported to occur on these models of ATI graphics cards:
- ATI Radeon HD 5750
- ATI Radeon HD 5770
- ATI Radeon HD 5780
To resolve the issue, download and install the latest Office for Mac updates.
For more information about how to obtain the latest service pack for Office for Mac, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:323601
How to obtain the latest version of a Microsoft product for a Macintosh computer
You can also adjust your monitor settings as a workaround:
- Click Apple.
- Click System Preferences.
- Open Display.
- Select a lower screen resolution. For example, select 1920X1080. Note: The list of resolutions depends on the monitor type.
- Close the window.
quit hang appear disapear
Article ID: 2527363 - Last Review: 08/29/2011 15:23:00 - Revision: 5.1
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011