System Monitor Problems When You Are Working with Large Log Files
This article was previously published under Q253147
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
While you are adding counters after you open a large log file in System Monitor, any of the following problems can occur:
- System Monitor stops responding (hangs) with an hourglass pointer.
- System Monitor shuts down silently.
- You receive an "Access violation in Mmc.exe" error message.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
How to Obtain the Latest Windows 2000 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000 Service Pack 1.
For additional information about how to install Windows 2000 and Windows 2000 hotfixes at the same time, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Installing Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows 2000 Hotfixes
sysmon microsoft managment console mmc Perfmon Performance Monitor hang abort stop
Article ID: 253147 - Last Review: 10/20/2013 17:10:17 - Revision: 3.3
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbwin2000sp1fix KB253147