You cannot insert an English cross-reference into a document by using a localized version of Office Word 2007
Consider the following scenario:
- You install a localized version of Microsoft Office Word 2007 or a Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI) for Office Word 2007.
- You set the Office Word 2007 user interface language to a language other than English in the Microsoft Office Language Settings 2007 dialog box.
- You create a document in Office Word 2007.
- You insert an English cross-reference in the document.
In this scenario, the text for the cross-reference displays in the user interface language instead of English.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2512785 Description of the Office Word 2007 hotfix package (Word-x-none.msp, Wordconv-x-none.msp): April 26, 2011
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsAfter you install the hotfix package, to have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfAfter you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type OverrideLocalizedPageReferences, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click OverrideLocalizedPageReferences, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
fixit fix it fixme
Article ID: 2533394 - Last Review: 08/03/2011 01:21:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Office Word 2007
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbfixme kbmsifixme KB2533394