The Accounts Payable user receives the permissions message below when marking the Send Document in E-mail (Print if mail cannot be sent.) option in the Process Payables Remittance window during the Accounts Payables Checkrun for Electronic Funds Transfers in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
Not privileged to run this report.
The AP user will need to have security granted to Process Payables Remittances.
To grant access to the Accounts Payable user so they are able to send Payables remittances in an email, follow these steps to edit the security:
1. Click on Microsoft Dynamics GP, point to Tools, point to Setup, point to System and click on Security Task.
2. Select the Task ID: TRX_PURCH_016*
(Note: The tasks of TRX_PURCH_009, TRX_PURCH_014, or TRX_PURCH_015 would work as well.)
3. Select Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP; Type: Windows; Series: Purchasing
4. Scroll down and mark the option forProcess Payables Remittance.
5. Click Save.
6. Then select Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP; Type: Reports; Series: Purchasing 7. Scroll down and mark the option for PM Email Exception Report.
8. Click Save.
9. Now review the current roles assigned to the user, and verify that this Security Task is granted access to one of the roles assigned to the AP user. Steps to do this are below:
To see what roles are assigned to the user, click on Microsoft Dynamics GP, point to Tools, point to Setup, point to System and click on User Security. Enter the User and Company and note what roles are currently assigned to them. An example role that you may want to use is AP CLERK*, but you can use any role you want.)
To review the tasks assigned to the roles, click on Microsoft Dynamics GP, point to Tools, point to Setup, point to System and click on Security Roles and bring up one of the roles assigned to the user (such as AP CLERK*). Scroll down and make sure the security task for TRX_PURCH_016* is marked to allow permissions for this role.
AP, EFT, email, e-mails, PM accounts payable