Works: How to Import Data from Excel Workbook with More Than One Worksheet
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to import data from a Microsoft Excel 2000workbook into Microsoft Works if the Excel 2000 workbook contains morethan one worksheet.
Because you can only import one worksheet from an Excel 2000 workbookinto a Works Spreadsheet file, you need to create a new Works Spreadsheet file for each worksheet in the Excel 2000 workbook.
To import data from an Excel 2000 workbook that contains more than oneworksheet into Works:
- On the Works Task Launcher, click the Programs tab.
- Click Works Spreadsheet, and then click Start a blank Spreadsheet.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Files of type box, click Excel SS (*.xl*).
- Browse to the Excel 2000 workbook that you want to import into Works, click the workbook, and then click Open.
- In the Import Excel Spreadsheet dialog box, click the worksheet that you want to import into Works, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Save.
- In the File name box, type a name for the worksheet, and then click Save.
The worksheet is saved as a Works Spreadsheet file.
Repeat these steps to import each worksheet from the Excel 2000 workbookinto Works as a Works Spreadsheet file.
w_works works2k w2001 wksss multiple tabs many
Article ID: 253405 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 16:40:43 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Works 6.0, Microsoft Works Suite 2000, Microsoft Works Suite 2001
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinterop kbui KB253405