" section. If you prefer to find it yourself, go to the "
To find and run the Inbox Repair tool, click the Fix it
button or link. Then click Run
in the File Download
dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it
wizard.For Microsoft Outlook 2013For Microsoft Outlook 2010,Microsoft Outlook 2007,Microsoft Outlook 2003,Microsoft Outlook 2002 or Microsoft Outlook 2000 Notes
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
The Inbox Repair tool is automatically installed with all English-language Microsoft Outlook installation options depending on your operating system.
For Microsoft Windows NT and Microsoft Windows 2000:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT
For Microsoft Windows 95 and Microsoft Windows 98:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\95
The Inbox Repair Tool installs automatically during Microsoft Outlook 2002 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 setup. Unlike the Microsoft Office 97 version of the tool, Microsoft Office 2000 does not place the Inbox Repair tool on a menu. To use the Inbox Repair tool, locate one of the folders by using Microsoft Windows Explorer, and then double-click the Scanpst.exe file.
The Scanpst.exe file is typically located in one of the following folders:
<disk drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\
<disk drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033
The Scanpst.exe file for Outlook 2007 is typically located in the following folder:
<disk drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
The Scanpst.exe file for Outlook 2010 is is typically located in the following folder:
<disk drive>\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
The Scanpst.exe file for Outlook 2013 is typically located in the following folder:
<disk drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
The Scanpst.exe file for Outlook 2013 Click-To-Run is typically located in the following folder:
<disk drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
To run the Inbox Repair Tool, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then point to Find or to Search, depending upon your operating system.
- In the Search for files or folders named box, type scanpst.exe
- Double click the Scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Type the path and the file name of the personal folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using the Windows file system.
- Click Start.