"Not enough memory" errors occur in Outlook for Mac 2011
You take one of the following actions in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011:
- You start Outlook.
- You send or create a new email message.
- You send or create a reply email message.
In this scenario, you may receive the following error message:
Not enough memory
This issue can occur for one of the following reasons:
- Outlook preferences are configured incorrectly.
- The Outlook database is damaged.
To resolve this issue, change the Outlook preferences. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit all open applications.
- Start Outlook.
- On the menu, click Outlook, and then select Preferences.
- Open Reading.
- In the Security section, click to select In all messages or In messages from my contacts.
- Close the window.
- Restart Outlook, and then test to make sure that the error does not recur.
If the problem persists, rebuild the Outlook database. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2360509
Rebuild the Outlook for Mac 2011 database to resolve problems
compose crashing out memory email outlook mac 2011 start
Article ID: 2535724 - Last Review: 08/29/2011 15:24:00 - Revision: 4.1
Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- dftsdahomeportal KB2535724