Error messages when you enable logging in Office Communicator 2007 R2 after you install cumulative update 2291453
Consider the following scenario:
- You sign in to Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2, and then you enable logging.
- You install the cumulative update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2291453.
- You restart the computer and then sign in to Office Communicator 2007 R2 again.
In this scenario, the following error message pops up in the taskbar after several minutes:
communicator.exe - Corrupt File
The file or directory <Device>:\Users\<AccountName>\tracing is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.
Additionally, the following events are logged in the Application log:
Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
Event ID: 2
Task Category: Session
Session "Communicator" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035
Log Name: System
Event ID: 55
Task Category: (2)
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolume3.
To work around this issue, disable the logging feature in Office Communicator 2007 R2. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Show Menu button in the upper-left corner of Office Communicator 2007 R2.
- Point to Tool, click Option, and then click General.
- Under logging, click to clear the Turn on logging in Communicator check box, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2537249 - Last Review: 06/07/2011 02:01:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix KB2537249