WD2000: Leading Zeros Are Ignored in Number Form Field Format
This article was previously published under Q253970
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In a number form field format, leading zeros, other than the zero before the decimal separator, are ignored and do not appear in the field result.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Office 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: How to Obtain the Latest Office 2000 Service Pack
To work around this problem, create an Exit macro for the form field, parse the input, and set the field result accordingly.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 2.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- In a blank new Word 2000 document, insert a Text form field.
- Double-click the form field.
- In the Type list, select Number.
- In the Number Format box, type 00.
- On the Tools menu, click Protect Document.
- Under Protect Document for, click to select Forms, and then click OK.
- In the form field, type 3, and then press TAB to update the form field.
Result: The form field result is shown as 3 instead of 03.
word2000 wd2000 wd2k formfield number leading problem QFE
Article ID: 253970 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:31:01 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kboffice2000presp2fix kboffice2000sp2fix kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB253970