Description of the Microsoft Security Essentials Update for July 26, 2011
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Security Essentials on July 26, 2011, which offers performance enhancements and some new functionality within the program. The update includes:
- New features were added to the command line utility that include:
- Ability to specify a UNC share.
- Ability to perform a custom scan of an entire folder in addition to individual files.
- A performance improvement was made to the definition update process to correct an issue on computers with exceedingly large number of files.
- A fix was made to correct an access violation in the antimalware service.
To receive this update, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Click the down arrow located to the right of Help.
- Click Check for software updates. A Windows Update window will appear.
- Click Install updates.
- If prompted, click Restart now. Your computer will restart and the update will install.
Article ID: 2544035 - Last Review: 10/17/2012 03:07:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft® Security Essentials
- kbqfe kbfix kbtshoot kbsurveynew KB2544035