Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Security Essentials on July 26, 2011, which offers performance enhancements and some new functionality within the program. The update includes:
- New features were added to the command line utility that include:
- Ability to specify a UNC share.
- Ability to perform a custom scan of an entire folder in addition to individual files.
- A performance improvement was made to the definition update process to correct an issue on computers with exceedingly large number of files.
- A fix was made to correct an access violation in the antimalware service.
To receive this update, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Click the down arrow located to the right of Help.
- Click Check for software updates. A Windows Update window will appear.
- Click Install updates.
- If prompted, click Restart now. Your computer will restart and the update will install.
For more information about Microsoft Security Essentials, visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials
Article ID: 2544035 - Last Review: October 17, 2012 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft® Security Essentials
|kbqfe kbfix kbtshoot kbsurveynew KB2544035|