You receive an error message about prerequisite components, error 1316, or error 1722 when you try to install Streets and Trips
This article was previously published under Q254435
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to install or reinstall "Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008," you receive one of the following error messages:
Error message 1
One of the prerequisite components failed to install
Error message 2
Error 1316: An error occurred while attempting to read from the file drive:\data.msi. If reinstalling, exit setup and insert the Setup disc before running reinstall.
Note In this error message, drive represents the drive letter of the CD drive.
Error message 3
Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows installer package
This issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- You try to reinstall the program when the "Streets and Trips" Disc 2 CD is inserted in the CD drive.
- The .NET Framework is corrupted.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Cancel the installationTo do this, follow these steps:
- In the error message, click OK, and then cancel the installation.
- After the Setup program finishes removing the files, restart the computer, and then restart "Streets and Trips."
Method 2: Install the latest version of the .NET FrameworkTo do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note You must restart your computer after you install the .NET Framework.
Method 3: Install the Data.msi fileTo do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the "Streets and Trips" CD into the CD or DVD drive.
- Click Start, click Run, type drive:\streets\msmap\data.msi in the Open box, and then click OK.
Note In this example, drive is a placeholder for the drive letter of your DVD drive.
- Click Next two times.
- Click Full installation, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the installation.
Article ID: 254435 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 18:41:47 - Revision: 7.0
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009, Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009 with GPS Locator, Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008, Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services, Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with GPS Locator
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kberrmsg kbpending kbsetup KB254435