Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available. This article describes the hotfixes and the updates that are included in this update rollup. This update rollup is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Build number and file names for this update rollup
The build number of the update packages for the following components is 5.0.9688.1244.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Report Authoring Extension
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Language Pack
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions
The file names for the 32-bit versions of the update rollup packages are as follows:
The file names for the 64-bit versions of the update packages are as follows:
Update rollup information
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:Download the 2547347 package now.
Release Date: July 28, 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file. For more information about the Microsoft Update catalog, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog
After you install this update rollup, exit any existing CRM sessions, and then start a new CRM session to incorporate the changes.
You must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 build 5.0.9688.583 installed to apply this update rollup.
For more information about Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 build 5.0.9688.583, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
An update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Release Candidate is available
If you are prompted, restart the computer after you apply the update rollup.
You can uninstall Update Rollup 3 from the server that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM. However, you should back up your databases before you uninstall Update Rollup 3. To uninstall this update, you must have access to the original source files that were used to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. If you do not have the original installation files, you can visit the following Microsoft Download website to download the installation files: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011
Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Update Rollup 3 is a cumulative update rollup that includes all the fixes for the issues that are documented in Update Rollup 1 and in Update Rollup 2.
For more information about previous update rollups and the issues that they resolve, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available2466086
Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available
Update Rollup 3 contains the following additional fixes. None of these fixes are documented in a separate Knowledge Base article.
- You import a solution that contains a plug-in that has empty methods. You publish the customizations. When the plug-in is triggered in this situation, you receive the following error message:
An error has occurred.
- The search results for system views in the Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook are not compliant with the search results in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web client.
- Assume that you enable the http compression setting on the Dynamics CRM server. In this situation, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client does not receive responses for SDK calls as compressed. This problem occurs because the Outlook client does not send an "EnableDecrompression" http header with the request.
- The Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook initiates background send requests to the CRM server. This behavior can cause high server load and decreased performance because these requests are not throttled. This fix throttles these background send requests.
- Consider the following scenario:
In this situation, you receive a warning message that states there are multiple matching records. Additionally, the icon does not appear.
- You create a custom entity that has a custom icon.
- You create at least two records that begin with the letter "A."
- You create a "1 to many" relationship from the custom entity to another entity.
- You expose the Lookup field for the relationship to the custom entity in the related entity.
- You log on to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client that connects to the environment through IFD/Claims.
- You clear the Microsoft Internet Explorer cache.
- You create a new record for the related entity.
- You run the auto-resolving lookup function by using the letter "A" for the custom entity.
- The Help files are updated.
- Assume that you configure the Dynamics 2011 client for Outlook. You browse to the Account folder or the Contact folder. In this situation, you experience slow performance when ribbons and menus are rendered.
- The Start Date field in the Fiscal Year Settings dialog box does not display the date that is converted according to the user time zone settings.
- The value for the Set this computer to be the synchronizing client in the Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook is different if you open the personal settings dialog box by clicking the Options button in the Track In CRM pane in an email message or an appointment. Additionally, if you select the Set this computer to be the synchronizing client check box, the dialog box becomes unresponsive.
- Some duplicate attribute labels exist. Therefore, it is difficult to map data on imports.
- The Russian translations of the Create column heading and the Delete column heading are incorrect in the security role permissions.
- When you send a Direct Email message to a large dataset, duplicate email messages are generated.
- When you add a user in a multi-site domain, you experience slow performance after you click Save.
- Assume that you enable auditing for the Contact entity. If you use a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook, an auditing log is displayed every 15 minutes or every time that the Outlook client is synchronized with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- Some translations for the Slovenian language are incorrect.
- Assume that you specify a comma as the decimal separator in the personal format settings. When you enter a decimal custom value in a Duration field, the value is rounded unexpectedly.
- When you export a static Microsoft Excel worksheet with non-English operating system settings, the Currency values are multiplied by 10,000.
- When you export a Duration field to an Excel worksheet, the value in the Duration field is displayed as text instead of as a number.
- If an organization starts many asynchronous operations, the Asynchronous Service allocates many resources to process those requests from the organization. In this situation, other organizations will have an increasing backlog of asynchronous operations. This fix introduces a new deployment setting, called AsyncSelectMaxItems, in the DeploymentProperties table. This setting limits the number of items that can be processed by a single organization at one time. By default, the value is not set. It can be set manually if you experience this issue.
- Metadata cache access for one organization is blocked if another organization is loading metadata.
- Assume that you create a contact who has a 200-character email message in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. When you upgrade the system to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you receive an upgrade error.
When you create a contact who has a 200-character email message in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, an internal server error occurs.
- When you add a URL that contains a query string parameter to a sitemap area or to a subarea in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the URL is rendered incorrectly.
- Some Swedish language translations are incorrect.
- Assume that you have a contact who has the Business Phone filed populated. When you add a new phone call activity by using the ribbon from the Activities area, the Phone Number field is not populated in the phone call activity.
- When you import a solution, some entities are not imported. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Cannot change the max length of the owneridname attribute.
- When you view the file properties of some files by clicking the Details tab, the value in the Company name field and the value in the Product name field are blank.
Hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually
Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 does not contain any hotfixes or any updates that you must configure manually.
Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually. To enable or to configure these hotfixes or these updates on the server that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, follow the instructions in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article. The article contains steps that you can follow before you install Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 if you want to maintain the functionality of the release version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011:
You experience slow performance when you perform RetrieveMultiple queries on large datasets in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 does not contain any hotfixes or any updates that you must configure manually.