OFF2000: Non SR-1 Program May Display "Service Release 1" in "About Microsoft <Program Name>" Box
This article was previously published under Q254844
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you look in the About Microsoft program name
box in one of the Microsoft Office 2000 programs listed at the beginning of this article, you may see the following:
Microsoft program name; 2000 Service Release 1
where program name
is the name of the non SR-1 Office 2000 program.
This problem can occur if the following are true:
- You installed a Microsoft Office 2000 program in such a way to exclude one or more of the programs listed at the beginning of this article. -and-
- You did one of the following:
- You applied the Office 2000 SR-1 Update. -or-
- You installed Microsoft Project 2000.
- Then you installed one of the programs listed at the beginning of this article from a non SR-1 stand-alone edition.
To resolve this issue, run the Office 2000 SR-1 Update again.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: Programs May Display Different Version Numbers in "About" Box
OFF2000: How to Determine the Version of Your Office Program
Article ID: 254844 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 04:18:05 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix KB254844