Update package information
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: June 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Please make sure that the following services are running before you install the update:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server - Lookup service / Channel service
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Compliance server - Compliance service
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
This update replaces the previously released update that is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2491973.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server: March, 2011
To use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation information Install this update to Office Communications Server R2 Group Chat server
Workaround on how to add a new server into an existing pool after you install this update
- Make sure that the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat features are installed, configured and functioning correctly. Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat servers include Channel server, Lookup server and Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that are currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, open the Server Config Tool as follows:
- Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Server Config Tool
- File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
The Group Chat servers installed on this computer require an upgrade to QFE1. You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
Only the MSI update files (.msp files) without a complete installer are released in the update package. After you upgraded all Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat servers to this update, follow these steps to add another Group Chat server into the existing pool:
- Set up Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server (Channel server and Lookup server) on a new database by using the same service accounts as the existing pool.
- Upgrade to the new Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat installation.
- Stop both the Channel service and the Lookup service.
- Run the following command to reconfigure the new servers to point to the Group Chat database pool.
<driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe /i
All Services start automatically after the servers are reconfigured.
After you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled. If you uninstall this update, the Channel service and the Lookup service will not start. The following error is logged in the event log:
Event ID 6407
Description : The Server is not compatible with the database at server=<yoursqlservername>;Database=<databasename>;Integrated Security=SSPI
This update package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
This update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|