This article describes how to duplicate user profiles in Microsoft Windows 2000.
To duplicate user profiles in Windows 2000, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, point to Settings, click
Control Panel, and then double-click System.
- Click the User Profiles tab.
- In the Profiles stored on this computer box,
click the user profile you want to copy, and then click Copy
- In the Copy To dialog box, under Copy Profile To,
type the location for the new profile, or click Browse to
select the path for the new profile.
- To change the user profile that appears in the Permitted To
Use box, click Change.
- In the Select User Or Group dialog box, click a name from
the Name column, and then click OK.
- Click OK to add the user as a new user profile on your
- Click OK to close the System Properties dialog
: When you duplicate a user profile, items such as favorites, cookies, the My Documents folder, Start menu items, and other unique user registry settings are preserved for use with a new user account.
Article ID: 255095 - Last Review: October 20, 2013 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB255095|