XCLN: How to Remove Journal Entries from Outlook
This article was previously published under Q255244
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you use Outlook with the Journaling feature enabled, many entries may accumulate in the Journal folder. If you disable the Journaling feature, these items are still listed in the Journal folder.
To clear these entries from the Journal folder you need to manually delete them. The Journal folder is displayed as a timeline by default. This can make it difficult to select multiple items or to delete all of the Journal entries at one time.
To delete multiple entries or all of the entries in the Journal folder:
- Click Journal.
- On the View menu, click Current View, and then click Entry List. In this view the Journal items are displayed in a table view, which allows you to select multiple items.
- Perform one of the following steps, as applicable:
- To delete multiple entries, click to select the items that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
- To delete all of the entries, click Select All on the Edit menu, and then click Delete.
OL97 OL98 OL2000
Article ID: 255244 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 18:51:42 - Revision: 3.3
Microsoft Outlook 97 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition, Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB255244