MS11-074: Description of the security update for Office Groove Server 2007 Data Bridge: September 13, 2011
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS11-074. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft websites:
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
- The Groove security update does not appear in Add or Remove Programs. To determine whether the update is installed, the system administrator can open the SharePoint Configuration Manager console.
- You may receive the following message: You receive this message in error, and you do not have to run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard to finalize the security update.After this update completes, run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard to finalize the update.
Prerequisites to apply this security updateTo install this security update, you must have the following service pack installed on the computer:
- 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2 (SP2)
949583 How to obtain the latest service pack for the 2007 Office server products
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this security update.
Security update replacement informationThis security update does not replace a previously released security update.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
update security_patch security_update security bug flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit registry unauthenticated buffer overrun overflow specially-formed scope specially-crafted denial of service dos
Article ID: 2552999 - Last Review: 05/08/2012 15:23:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007 Data Bridge
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability kbfix kbbug kbsurveynew KB2552999