The AutoCorrect feature inappropriately corrects the spelling of email addresses in Office Word 2007
Assume that the Ignore Internet and file addresses option is enabled in Microsoft Office Word 2007. When you type an email address in an Office Word 2007 document, the AutoCorrect feature inappropriately corrects the spelling of the email address. For example, when you type "abotu@," the AutoCorrect feature automatically changes the text to "about@."
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2596543 Description of the Office Word 2007 hotfix package (Wordconv-x-none.msp, Word-x-none.msp): October 25, 2011
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
After you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To enable the hotfix automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- Please install hotfix 2596543 before you run the Fix it solution.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfPlease follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type NoEmailAddressAutocorrect, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click NoEmailAddressAutocorrect, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
fixit fix it fixme
Article ID: 2553069 - Last Review: 02/17/2012 05:57:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Office Word 2007
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbfixme kbmsifixme KB2553069