Tasks may not be displayed in the Jump List of a pinned Internet Explorer 9 icon in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You visit a website by using Windows Internet Explorer 9 on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You pin the website to the Taskbar.
- You click the pinned icon of the website on the Taskbar.
In this scenario, tasks in the Jump List may not be displayed.Note
This issue usually occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The URL of the pinned website redirects you to a different URL.
- The tasks in the Jump List are specified in the redirected URL.
To resolve this issue on a client computer, install the following update. To resolve this issue from the server-side, perform one of the following operations on the server that hosts the website:
- Disable URL redirection for the website.
- Provide Jump List tasks in the first URL.
Security update information
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2530548 (MS11-050). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS11-050 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: June 14, 2011
For more information about how to pin a website to your taskbar, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about Jump Lists, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2555207 - Last Review: 06/21/2014 16:16:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- kbprb kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbqfe KB2555207