Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.2 Update
Improvements that are included in the updateThe Office for Mac 2011 14.1.2 Update includes the following improvements:
Improvements for all Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 applications
- Security is improved.
This update fixes vulnerabilities in Office 2011 that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. For more information, see the security bulletin that is listed earlier in this document.
Improvements for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Reliability of Free/Busy information is improved
This update fixes an issue that causes incorrect Free/Busy information to be shown in Outlook 2011 when Microsoft Exchange servers are located in the UTC +8 Perth time zone.
- Reliability of delegate information is improved
This update fixes issues that sometimes cause delegate information to be lost when the following conditions are true:
- Changes are made to account settings.
- User certificates are added or removed.
- Stability is improved
This update fixes an issue that causes some users to be unable to log on after you upgrade to Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 1.
Improvements for Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
- Reliability is improved for Japanese users typing in Hiragana input mode
This update fixes an issue that causes the wrong characters to be displayed when you use Hiragana input mode.
- Stability is improved
This update fixes issues that sometimes cause Word for Mac 2011 to crash, such as the following:
- When you try to open items from the template gallery.
- When you use Advanced Find and Replace.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.1.2 Update package now.
Release Date: June 14, 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated FilesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office 2011 14.0.3 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2555784 - Last Review: 08/29/2011 15:25:00 - Revision: 1.2
- kbqfe kbfix kbbug kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2555784