PUB2000 Error Message: There Is Not Enough Memory to Complete This Operation
This article was previously published under Q256189
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you click the close button in the upper-right corner of the Clip Gallery window to cancel the creation of a custom border in Microsoft Publisher 2000, you may receive the following error message:
There is not enough memory to complete this operation. To make more memory available, close other programs, and try again.
When you click OK
, Publisher 2000 quits unexpectedly.
This behavior can occur if you are running Publisher 2000 on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer.
To work around this issue:
- In Publisher 2000, click the object to which you want to apply a custom border.
- On the Publisher 2000 toolbar, click the Line/Border Style tool, and then click More Styles.
- Click the BorderArt tab.
- Click Create Custom.
- In the Create Custom Border dialog box, click Choose Picture.
- Click to select the picture that you want to insert, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to name the custom border art, click Cancel, and then click Cancel again.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
pub2k mspub 9.0 pub9 graphics images crashes
Article ID: 256189 - Last Review: 10/20/2013 17:58:47 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Publisher 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbbug kbpending kbgraphic KB256189